About Porter Dodson
1.‘Porter Dodson’, ‘Porter Dodson Solicitors & Advisors’ and ‘Porter Dodson Fertility & Parenting Law’ are trading names of Porter Dodson LLP, a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered no. OC372439, whose registered office (and principal place of business) is Central House, Church Street, Yeovil, Somerset, BA20 1HH. Persons referred to as partners in the LLP are members of it. A list of the members is available for inspection at the registered office. Porter Dodson LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and is bound by the SRA Code of Conduct. Full details can be found on http://www.sra.org.uk/solicitors/handbook/code/content.page. All references to “Porter Dodson”, “we”, “the firm” and the like should be read as referring to Porter Dodson LLP. We are licensed in the UK as Solicitors and the applicable rules are the solicitors’ rules (1).
2.We use the word “partner” to refer to a member of Porter Dodson LLP. A list of the members can be viewed below.
3.Porter Dodson is registered for Value added Tax or similar taxes in the United Kingdom (registration number GB 186 0391 53).
4.Porter Dodson maintains professional indemnity insurance and has a procedure for making complaints; if you require information about either, please contact Michael Pitt at email@example.com.
5. Porter Dodson is not authorised under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 but we are able in certain circumstances to offer a limited range of investment services to clients because we are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, which has complaints and redress procedures. We can only provide investment services if they are an incidental part of the professional services we have been engaged to provide (2).
6. We are not authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority of England. However, we are included on the register maintained by the Financial Conduct Authority so that we can carry on insurance activity, which is broadly advising on, selling and administering of insurance contracts. This part of our business, including arrangements for complaints or redress if something goes wrong, is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. The register can be accesed via the Financial Conduct Authority website at http://www.fca.org.uk. (3)
7. Porter Dodson acts as legal advisor; it is not part of our role to give advice on the merits of financial transactions. Any investment decision is for our clients to make and no communication by the firm should be treated as an invitation or inducement to our clients to engage in investment activity.
Use of our website
8. The materials contained on this website are to provide general information. We have used reasonable endeavours to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the contents of the pages on this site but the information does not constitute legal or professional advice and must not be relied upon as such. (4) Please speak to one of our solicitors for specific legal advice. There are also included within the pages of our websites links to third party websites. We do not control the content of these websites or the provisions of their services. We give no warranties regarding these websites (in particular as to the accuracy of information or the quality or legality of services provided) and we accept no liability for your use of these websites.
9. To the extent permitted by law, we do not accept responsibility for any loss which may arise from reliance on information contained in these pages. Furthermore, Porter Dodson does not endorse or accept responsibility for the material of any website referred to or accessed through this site.
10. The content of the website is protected by copyright, trade marks, database right and other intellectual property rights. You may retrieve and display the content on the website on a computer screen, store such content in electronic form on disk (but not on a server or other storage device connected to a network) or print one copy of such content for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you keep intact all and any copyright and proprietary notices. You may not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes any of the materials or content on the website without written permission from us.
11. in some areas of our website we ask you to provide information that will enable us to supply you with our services or contact you after your visit. We will also use this information to contact you to advise you of other services that may be of interest to you. The information you provide will be kept confidential and will not be disclosed to anyone without your consent or unless ordered by a Court of Law.
12. We will respect your personal information and undertake to comply with all acceptable UK data protection legislation currently in force, both in respect of the personal information supplied by you in general or as part of the recruitment process and in respect of any personal information which we may process.
13. In relation to the information provided by you, you agree that we may use such information in accordance with the purposes for which your information has been obtained. If you do not wish to receive marketing material from us, please contact Alex Wheatcroft, Marketing Manager, Porter Dodson Solicitors & Advisors, The Quad, Blackbrook Park Avenue, Taunton, Somerset, TA1 2PX. Tel 01935 846734.
14. Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request details of the information we hold about you. If you would like details about the personal information we hold about you, please contact our Data Protection Officer, Porter Dodson Solicitors & Advisors, The Quad, Blackbrook Park Avenue, Taunton, Somerset, TA1 2PX.
Further details of our and your legal obligations and duties can be found at the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
(1). Authority: The Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002; GN 7.16 Code 2007
(2). Authority; art 55A FSMA2000 (FPO) 2001
(3). Authority: r. 3(3) SFS (COB) Rules 2001
(4). “Reasonable” under UCTA77.
Porter Dodson LLP Members